HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, November 3, 2017

Ruffled {CSI Major Case File No. 241}

We've got a brand new challenge live at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration! This challenge will stay open the entire month. Here's the page I made:


And here's the Case File. Clues I used: Evidence - I used ALL the clues! Testimony - magnetic poetry.


Here are some details. Tracee is so fun to be with! She always finds funny photo opportunities that make me laugh! We took a gazillion pictures with my selfie stick, and these were my favorites. I love that funny chicken poking his head over the sign! We were trying our best to get the sign and both our grumpy faces in the picture and wound up cracking up in so many of them.

I used lots of really old stash on this page. I wanted a homespun, country-fied look to my page. The yellow gingham is old Crate Paper. The leaves were cut out of an old Scenic Route paper, as is the brown dot. The stripey paper is Wild Asparagus (tells you how long I've been hoarding paper!). The little houses are from an old Fabric sheet by Love, Elsie, also super-old, but I thought they were perfect for this Case File that has architectural elements as one of the clues. I found that chicken head in my puffy stickers, and I think it's so funny nestled inside that U.


I decided to try my hand at online Magnetic Poetry. I actually used several different kits as I was searching for the best words to make a poem. I used my snipping tool to copy the individual words from the different kits and printed it out on photo paper. I was very happy when I found the word chick and searched and searched for another word that ended with "en" and tucked it behind the chick word.


I found this awesome chicken cut file at Silhouette. Yes, I realize the chicken looks like he's farting, and I almost flipped the page so that white swirly BasicGrey rub-on would be at the top, but then it just kept cracking me up and the whole page cracks me up, so I decided I'd keep it that way! 


The chipboard chicken wire is by 2Crafty. I coated it with gesso. There are some more of those little Love Elsie houses, and I found some trees on an old Bo Bunny paper to meet that clue.


I hope you'll come play with us! As always, we've got lots of wonderful sponsors donating prizes:



cubeupload

1 comment:

Jacynthe said...

Another creative, fun, and whimsical layout featuring the both of you. How cute is that large red chicken ! There could not be a more perfect addition to the page. I love the yellow gingham background paper. It has that country feel you were going for. The chicken wire chipboard is also spot on. Great take on the sketch as well. It's easy to see how much fun you have together. TFS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...