HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Go Ahead and Jump {CSI Case File No. 188}

Our current Case File over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration is open for a couple more days:


I loved playing with these colors. Here's my page:


Clues I used...Evidence: stripes, animals, clouds, sun, buttons, triangles; Testimony: Use a song title.

I got carried away getting all ready for my page and totally forgot to use the sketch, although it sort of looks like the sketch if you turn it upside down. In reality, though, I used the January sketch from Stuck?! Sketches:


Here are some details. I recently got this 10-drawer cart and organized a bunch of my embellishments--stickers, rub-ons, die cuts, printed chipboard, etc.--by color, and it was one of the best things I've done. Here's a look at the first 6 drawers:


It's such a hassle looking through all my various packages of stickers and whatnot looking for something that would match a CSI palette that I've found myself not using stuff. Well, now it's easy to match up my embellishments. When you've been collecting scrappy stuff for as long as I have, you forget what you have. I rescued a bunch of stuff for this page.

Isn't this a great photo of my husband's niece and her friends? I made this page for them. Those journaling cards are by ColorHills. I got my title from the lyrics of the Van Halen song "Jump."


The only drawback to organizing my embellishments this way is that I forget who made the stuff, since I've taken it out of the packaging.


The clouds were cut out of an old Love, Elsie fabric paper. The washi tape is by Recollections. The yellow scallop border is by Doodlebug--really old "paper frills."


Photobucket

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow Debbi! I absolutely love this page! Awesome!

Laura Creates said...

Oh my gosh Debbi, I just love this page, from the bright colours to the doodling all of it! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing, I just love the doodling on the edge of your papers to make them all stand out.. and stunning photo too..

Murphy's Law said...

What an amazing page. So fun and colorful!!!

dstandard said...

Such a fabulous page! I love your new organization cabinet! Great idea!

Lynette Jacobs said...

A gorgeous page Debbi. I must admit that I never split my collections until all the paper are gone...so I really have to dig to find the perfect little embellishment to solve the case files.

Mandy Melville said...

Wow, what a super fun layout Debbi!!! I love how you outlined everything with black pen, it really makes the bright colours pop! I had a lot of fun playing along with this CSI case as well! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Bonjourscrap said...

You seem very organized ! That is a beautiful layout ! Thanks for playing at Stuck?! Sketches !

Sarah said...

Love this page, and love your organisation! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches. Hugs Sarah x x x

Dana Tatar said...

Your work is always amazing! This mix of colored papers and embellishments is super fun. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...