HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sky-High {CSI Case File No. 93}

We have such a fun Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration this week. I always love the second week of the month because we get our very own Page Drafts sketch, created by our resident Composite Sketch Artist, Em Stafrace.



I made another page for my husband's niece and her husband. His parents were visiting them from Iran.


Here are some details. Since I don't know the story behind the pictures (I snagged them from Mehrnaz's Facebook page), I tucked some tags behind the photo frame, so they can do their own journaling. My background paper is BasicGrey. I love this paper. I bought a ton of it. I think it's such a great backdrop for any colors. The chevrons in the background were created with a Crafter's Workshop stencil and texture paste colored with yellow acrylic paint, The little plane and the triangles were cut out with my Silhouette Cameo.


The clouds are from a Carta Bella paper. The green stripes are The orange paper is really old, by Sandylion. It matches the palette just perfectly.I used some Heidi Swapp mist (the light blue splats), and some green stamp ink with a speckly rubber stamp. The #together stamp is new--by American Crafts. That yellow brad is ancient. I added an old BasicGrey rub-on and coated it with Glossy Accents so it wouldn't come off. The "pull" on the jewelry tag is made with Headline rub-ons. Those are the best rub-ons and really tiny and perfect for things like this. You can buy them at AC Moore in the fine arts section of the store. A ton come on a sheet and they rub on like butter.


I love these Crate Paper slide frames! I hope they'll make more in different colors.


Come on by and check out the awesome work by the design team and guest designers. We have two main sponsors this month, PAPERCRAFTS SCANDINAVIA and WYCINANKA, along with our permanent sponsors, so come play with us!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Very fun! They are going to love it.

Lizzy Hill said...

This has such a lovely whimsical feel....I really like the bg chevrons, & you're right, that paper looks soooo versatile...I think Basic Grey is one of my fave brands, overall:):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your page is beautiful. I love the yellow stencilling on your background. You must be one of the most generous persons that I have ever come across.

sarah martin said...

What an awesome page Debbi! I love how you have used the colours and that awesome chevron template work.
I hope you are doing well xoxo

Patricia Roebuck said...

Amazing page! Just love the texture you created and the colors! And love that you snagged this from FB!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

What a stunning layout!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...