HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, September 6, 2013

Playful {CSI Case File No. 87}

I love the colors on our current Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.


I almost didn't post this because I hate how my layout turned out. But it's another chapter of Tracee & Debbi's Excellent Adventures, so I had to post it on my blog. As you can see, it's a hot mess. I worked on it for a whole week. I stitched the main thing on crooked. I kept adding stuff because it just didn't look right, and I should've quit while was ahead. I'm really disappointed because, as I said, I loved the colors. And I love this picture of Tracee.

Clues I used... Evidence: map print, butterflies, stitching, mist, arrows, rub-ons, word stickers. Testimony: Write about a trip (Tracee's trip here) and make your journaling wander across the page.

I used a sketch from ScrapFriends.





Here are some details. The background paper is by BasicGrey. The other papers are by My Mind's Eye and Echo Park. That hello button is from 2Peas. When I discovered my layout was crooked, I decided I'd add something to the bottom left of my cluster. I accidentally stuck that Spirit sticker and it STUCK. I tried to get it off, but it was ripping the picture, so there it stayed.


In the background, I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil with stamp ink, Heidi Swapp mist, and the pink flowers are old Fancy Pants rub-ons. That HELLO speech bubble is cut out of a My Mind's Eye paper, from the new Cut and Paste collection.


My title letters are glittery--they're by Sassafras Lass. I wanted to add arrows, and found a little stamp. YOu can see on the top of the layout I screwed that up too. They came out okay on the bottom. What a goober.


These butterflies are in the Coordinates this week. I cut the map print out of the Case File image--thank you, Tracee, for that idea. The "adore" bit is really old--a Heidi Swapp journaling spot.

If you want to see some real loveliness, go check out what the rest of the team and guest designers made with this Case File.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Adriana B said...

wow, looks amazing, you should be happy about it, everything is great, great challenge too, hope I get time to play this week, :)

Helen Wallace said...

Oh poor Debbi, even though you pointed things out, i can't see them....your page looks stunning to me. I can understand about your irritation with it though. :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I think it is gorgeous...you are far too hard on yourself. Just call it a "happy accident" and let it go. I love the pink rubon dandelions and the way you used the printables.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

And I see perfection that goes right along with the "PLAYFUL" title!!!! I see funky layers, fun colors, playful embellies ... I just think it's perfect all the way around! :)

diveloonie said...

I absolutely love your page and don't see its flaws. We are always the hardest on ourselves....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...